First off - It's a Boy!
We found out Thursday that we are having a boy. Sterling is very excited. I took the kids to the appointment with me because Sterling really wanted to see the baby. Before the doctor came in, the kids were trying to ultrasound their stuffed animals. Sterling had made me look up the size of the baby online before we went to the appointment and so he explained to the doctor that the baby was the size of a big tomato. The doctor told Sterling that the baby weighed 10 oz. or about as much as a glass of water.
Here is the first ultrasound from December 28th, 2009.
Here is the most recent ultrasound from February 25th, 2010.
The baby is due July 19th, but will probably come early. If you have any name suggestions, let us know.
Second - President's Day
Aaron had President's Day off and the kids were just recovering or at least Avalon was just recovering from Pneumonia. I guess Aaron was also just recovering from Bronchitis. We found out later that week that Sterling had a double ear infection and sinus infection. Anyway, beyond our month of illnesses, we spent President's day at the Renaissance Faire.
The Renaissance Faire is supposed to a festival in Renaissance style. They have a lot of different carnival type shows like tightrope walkers, sword swallowers, belly dancers, musicians and stuff. They also have a lot of food like Turkey legs, soup in bread bowls, and big pickles. The kids like to go there. They really like to dress up for it too. Sterling went as a knight and Avalon dressed up as Cinderella. I tried to talk them out of it, but they insisted. We spent the morning there and had a lot of time. Avalon picked out a hat she loved and had to have. Sterling found a sword he loved and they were both very happy.
Third - Pictures of the Kids
My kids have gotten so funny lately. Sterling the other day was throwing a ball up in the air. It hit him in the head and he looked at me and said "I totally didn't see that coming." Avalon has started getting really bossy. Today, she wanted her binki. She looked at me and said "binki". I told her that I knew what she wanted and would help her in a minute. She waited about 30 seconds and yelled "binki, Now!" It's bad when you realize what you sound like because of what your children sound like.
Avalon is also obsessed with books and makes us read to her as often as she can. Sterling got a solar system that hangs from the ceiling for his birthday. He has learned the names of all of the planets and he is very proud of it.
The other day I took some new pictues of the kids.





4 comments:
Congratulations on the baby boy coming. That is so awesome that Avalon will have a brother sandwich to protect her!
I'd suggest names but Aaron already stole my Sterling! However I doubt he ever remembered that I love that name!
It all sounds fun and exciting especially now that everyone is healthy. Cute pictures too.
First off, YIPEE about the boy! I am so excited for you guys! Hope you're feeling a bit better these days.
Secondly, Avalon looks absolutely gorgeous in those last two pictures. Holy cow. She kind of "grew up" all of a sudden--no more baby, she looks like a little kid!
Thirdly, your mud pictures cracked me up. We've had lots of mud in our backyard with all the rain and no landscaping. I never let the girls play in the mud, because I'm OCD about dirt in the house. But I've also been feeling guilty that they haven't gotten to have the mud experience (our fake grass is being installed tomorrow). So today I let them loose all afternoon in the mud. They had a blast.
First, I think your kids are adorable and second you are the best mom to let your kids play in the mud. We love mud!
Post a Comment