Sunday, April 3, 2011

Summer?

Every year it amazes me when it hits the mid-90s in March.  This year was no exception.  We have been hurrying to enjoy the nice weather before it gets to over 100 degrees and we are stuck in the house.

Our home owners association throws some fun parties.  Their best party is the neighborhood picnic.  They have it catered and this year the food was really good.  Pulled pork and grilled chicken.  They also bring in a bunch of bounce houses, inflatable slides, a climbing wall and one of those orbitron spinning things.  The best part is that they pay for it from the HOA fees and so we kind of feel like we are getting something for our money.  Here are pictures from this years party.  Avalon loved the bounce houses and Sterling loved the slide.  He went down the slide a couple of times and liked it.  On about the third time, though, he freaked out and spent about ten minutes at the top of the slide crying.  He finally slid down and kept sliding the rest of the time we were there.  Sometimes I do not understand my children.









On March 28th was my niece Madelynn's birthday. For her birthday, we went to the zoo. We rode the zoo train and petted the sting rays and sting ray bay. Sterling was really into the sting rays.  Avalon wouldn't touch the sting rays.




In other news, our cat died last week.  It was a really rough day.  I was in the shower and I hear Sterling screaming outside my door that he thought the cat was hurt.  I went and found her and she seemed like something was wrong with her, but I didn't know what.  I called and made a vet appointment and then I called Aaron.  Aaron said he thought he had driven over her.  He had felt like he had driven over something at the end of our driveway, but when he got out to check, there wasn't anything there.  I called the vet again and they said to bring her in right then.  I went to find her and she had hidden and we couldn't find her anywhere.  At this point I was starting to panic that my kids' cat was dying somewhere in the house.  We finally found her and got her to the vet.  She was in really bad shape and we had to have her put down.  The kids cried and cried about it.  Even just the other day, Avalon was crying and I asked why and she said that she just wanted to cry for the cat.  We also had a lot of talks about the resurrection.

In happier news, Truman has learned to crawl.  Now he is like a sneaky little baby ninja and I keep catching him where he isn't supposed to be.  Here is a video of him crawling.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Yeah, we woke up to 4 inches of snow today. Happy April :(