Friday, December 20, 2013

November through Part of December

Looking through the pictures that I have taken this last month or so, I have realized that I didn't really take any pictures in November.  November was a busy month with me taking on a lot of new clients and Aaron's parents coming to visit for Thanksgiving.

During the first part of November, Avalon's teachers sent home a star that each child was to decorate.  Sometime during the school year, each child will be chosen as the Star student and will get to explain their star.  Here is Avalon with hers.
 
 
Avalon's class had a special Thanksgiving party.  They had a Thanksgiving feast at 8:30 in the morning, and dressed up as either Pilgrims or Indians.  Avalon was a Pilgrim.  Avalon also got to take someone to the party with her.  She took my mom.


 
 
Aaron's parents came for Thanksgiving and after they left, I realized that I didn't take any pictures while they were here.  It is always great to have them come and spend time with us.  We played a lot of games and Avalon spent time with Aaron's mom.  They love to go shoe shopping, do Avalon's hair and dress her up.  It is so good for Avalon to get to spend that time with Aaron's mom.  The boys also had a blast with Aaron's parents.  Sterling got into football and watched it with the guys.  The little boys also spent several days burning wet leaves with Aaron's dad.
 
 
Recently Quin has started doing crazy acrobatics like his brothers and sister.   This child is going to be the death of me.  He is also obsessed with throwing toys in the toilet.  All of my fisher-price nativity people have gone for a swim.  He also loves throwing things down the stairs.  He reminds me a lot of Sterling when he was little.  A ball of energy and into everything.  I keep wondering how a child with low heart function can be as fast and active as he is.  Here is a video of him flipping over the couch. 
 



Earlier in December, we took the kids to see Santa.  Quin freaked out every time he got near Santa.  When I would pick him up, he would instantly stop crying, but the minute I handed him to Santa he started to scream again.  The funny thing is that we have a picture of every one of our kids crying on Santa's lap.



Avalon also had a Christmas Party that they invited parents to.  The kids did some of their Spanish songs and then we tried food from Cuba, Mexico, Venezuela, Peru and The Dominican Republic.  Here is a video:



Truman has been really funny lately.  Every time I tell him that I taped a show for him to watch, he asks if I taped it with duct tape.  He also refers to dinosaur egg oatmeal as "dinosaur elk milk".

Sterling and Avalon are doing well in school.  Avalon loves Spanish.  Sterling is just very put out that he has to be at school so long and doesn't get to work on his building projects more.

No comments: