Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007

Merry Christmas! So, I refuse to send Christmas Cards because I still have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome from sending out wedding announcements and Thank Your cards. Really, I think the thought of sending out wedding announcements again will stop me from ever getting a divorce.

Anyway, on with the blog. We have received several blogs this year and have decided that it is a good way to keep in touch with family and friends. Life has been very busy for the Russell family this year.

Sterling turned 1 in February. He learned to walk and talk. He took up basketball and golf and has been very busy. He is a crazy little redhead that keeps me running after him constantly. He loves his Dad and follows him everywhere. Now, when I say he took up golf, he really did. We had a putting green in our backyard and he would go out and golf every day for at least an hour. He doesn't really get that you should hit the ball into the hole, but he enjoys hitting the ball. Recently his dad has been teaching him how to chip and he is pretty good at it. He is a better golfer than his mom (which isn't hard to do). The picture below is Sterling at the driving range. He has the tiniest little golf clubs.





Aaron's year has been busy. He started out the year as Elder's Quorum President and then was released and called to be in Scouts. Yes, that is Aaron's worst nightmare. He claims it is the uniforms, but I'm not sure I buy that. Aaron has been working in Program Management at ASM and seems to really enjoy it. He has become even more schedule and planning obsessed than before. To say the least, our lives are becoming very efficient and "effective".

Aaron is also busy investing. We have been investing in property which was a good idea before the market slump. We lucked out. We bought two condos before the market went crazy and sold them for a profit before the market really slumped. Then, in October, Aaron decided it would be fun to move before Thanksgiving and we started house shopping. We decided to look at houses, looked at at least 12 houses and bought a house in a week. When Aaron gets something in his mind, it gets done and done fast. We love our new house. It has a lot more room. I've had a busy year. In June, we decided to try and get pregnant. Well, Aaron decided we should try and I decided to humor him. I figured I had a couple of months to get used to the idea. I guess not. According to the doctor, we got pregnant the day we went off birth control. I spent most of August and September dying on the couch and sleeping about 18 hours a day. In October we found out that we are having a little girl. Oh and she is due March 21st. Due to the morning sickness and the shift in my center of gravity, I've had to give up belly dancing for the time being. In August, Sterling and I went to Idaho for a week. Actually, we went to Idaho in February also for my Grandmother's funeral. My Grandma Batt died in February, and I must admit that I am having a hard time with it. Especially this time of year. My little brother Klint also left on a Mission to Atlanta Georgia this year. He seems to be doing well.

More random news, which is completely out of order. In July, our family went to Oregon to see Aaron's family. We had a lot of fun. Sterling went boating for the first time.



We moved into our new house the weekend before Thanksgiving and my whole family (except Klint of course) came into town about 3 days later for Thanksgiving. It was great. We haven't all been together in a while. The kids had a blast together. Now, I'll go through December because I remember it better than the rest of the year. Honestly, it is amazing how much you can forget when you are pregnant. Your brain really does go to mush. December has been quite a month. Week before last, Sterling was out playing in the car while I was taking the groceries into the house. We keep my car keys in the car because we only have one set and Aaron and I both drive it a lot. I went out to the car to get Sterling out and Sterling had locked the door. He was locked in the car with the keys and I couldn't convince him to open the doors. So, we had to call the non-emergency police number and they sent the fire department to break him out. Of course, the fire department brought a giant ladder truck and parked it in front of the house and four fire fighters broke my child out of the car. That all happened on Wednesday. Then on Friday, Sterling and I went to Walmart to get a set of spare keys made. Sterling wanted to see the car keys, so I handed them to him. I was thinking to myself that I would just leave my door open so that he couldn't lock himself in. I stepped out of the car and closed the door out of habit and then heard a click and Sterling had locked himself in the car with the keys again. This time, we had to call 911 and they again sent the fire department, who brought a ladder truck and parked it right behind my car blocking everyone in. Then 3 fire fighters broke Sterling out of the car. So humiliating, but at least Sterling is okay.

We are really looking forward to Christmas this year. We get to have it in our own home for the first time. Aaron's family came into town for the Holiday (Well, his sister came last week and went home. Aaron's parents are here for Christmas.) We're pretty sure that Sterling will have a breakdown when he sees all of his new toys. He also loves to open presents. We have taken him to see Sterling 3 times this year. Each time he just gets this look on his face like he is doing this to humor us. He seems very confused about why we keep making him sit next to this old man with a beard and pose for pictures.





We love you all and wish you the best this Holiday Season.

Love,

Tallie, Aaron and Sterling

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Tallie and Aaron! I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world! I hate that you've moved so far away, but it will be fun to see what you are doing. Congratulations on getting a girl--I'm so excited for you (and only a tiny bit jealous). My Luke was born on March 21st. Maybe they'll be twinners. I hope you're loving your new house and neighborhood. We're really having a good time where we are now. Take care and have a Merry Christmas!

Becca's Blog said...

Thanks to your blog I now know the address of a house that has an easy to steal car with the keys already in it. Your dad would be so alarmed and disappointed.