Friday, November 7, 2008

The Hottest New Artist

Tonight we went to First Fridays in Phoenix. First Fridays is an event where they open a bunch of art galleries at night and have street performers and stuff. It is kind of fun. I must admit that I enjoy the artsy scene, but I don't always get the art. Here are some artsy photos for you. What do you think?

Okay, I admit it, these are not from First Fridays. These are Sterling's attempt at photography this morning. Though, the photos at First Fridays looked a lot like this. I don't get art. As an aside, if either of the grandmas is looking for a Christmas idea for Sterling, I think he might like a camera.

Sterling has been in an artistic mood lately (if you can't tell from the previous post). This morning, he painted himself with my eyeshadow. Notice the brown streaks on his cheek. The other cheek was painted green.


In totally unrelated pictures, the kids played baseball today. Sterling wanted Avalon to wear a helmet and honestly, that was probably a pretty good idea. The first helmet we tried was a half of a plastic ball. Avalon hated it and the first wild pitch (Sterling was pitching) hit her in the head and made her cry. Our next helmet attempt was the one you see in the pictures. It worked pretty well. Wild pitches to the head didn't even phase her. Really, sometimes, my children just make me laugh.

1 comment:

Curtis and Crystal said...

You guys must have a costco because my kids have those same pj's. Lydia's is a little different but cute anyways. I need you e-mail address so I can invite you to my parents blog.