I realized the other day that I haven't blogged in a while. This is mainly because we don't really have anything exciting going on in our lives and because if I were to post pictures of my children, I would probably be arrested for child porn. This isn't because anything inappropriate is going on. It is because they now spend their lives naked.
Not that this is that different from before, except that they are pretty much always naked now. You see it is still 115 and I am worried that if the kids wear too much clothing outside they will die of heat exhaustion. Plus, they keep jumping into their wading pool in their clothes and I am seriously tired of doing laundry. Hence, my children run around in their underwear/diapers and swim naked. They are getting nice little tans with no tan lines. But, I am pretty sure we are totally white trash now.
They have been doing funny things lately though. Sterling is potty trained or at least he was. He has suddenly started peeing all over the backyard. I'm hoping that this is just a boy thing. Aaron took him to Walmart the other day and Sterling came home upset because Aaron wouldn't let him pee in the Walmart parking lot.
Yesterday, I asked Sterling if he had pooped all day and he said "yes, I pooped on the rocks." Then he showed me where he pooped in our yard. Ugh! I really hope he grows out of this.
The other night I took the kids to mutual with me. Sterling was playing with Jessica, our babysitter. They were playing hide 'n seek in the dark and Sterling couldn't find her. When they turned on the lights, Sterling still couldn't see her and so she was worried about Sterling's eyesight. The next thing I know, Jessica comes in and tells me that they tested Sterling's eyesight by holding up five fingers and asking him how many there were. Sterling said four. I'm pretty sure that was a counting problem and not an eyesight problem. He's only 3.
Avalon has started talking a lot. She says "thank you" all of the time. She also says "that", "cat", "dog", "mom", "dad" and "hi". Today she even said "I love you." Oh and she says "bear", "ball", and "bath". Though these all sound a lot like "ba". She is pretty funny. She loves to swim. If she gets out the back door, she is instantly in the pool, clothes and all.
We are excited for Fall and hope that it comes soon or at least comes. Then maybe I can get my kids in clothes.
2018 in Pictures
7 years ago

2 comments:
We prefer to the term Caucasian Debris instead of white trash! I say own it!
LOL
If I ever come to AZ remind me not to walk barefoot in your backyard.
Oh, and good job to Aaron for holding his foot down about the Walmart parking lot. Maybe you guys aren't so white trash after all.
Post a Comment