Saturday, August 29, 2009

A broken Foot and Jet Dry Poisoning???

I have realized that I have not been a very good blogger lately. I used to blog regularly because I would send it to Klint as a letter. Since, he got home from his mission, I've gotten very lazy.

I thought I would just give a rundown of our week. On Sunday, we took the kids to the little park in our neighborhood. Sterling was being very brave and was jumping off of the platform where the slides begin. This platform was about 4 1/2 feet high and so we were a little concerned. Sterling has been a little timid lately, though and so we encourage anything brave even if it is a little stupid. Well, on the second jump, stupid happened and Sterling hurt his foot. We figured that his limp would go away soon, but by the time Monday came he was still limping and so I made a doctors appointment.

Which turned out to be fortunate, because that night while I was cooking dinner the kids were playing in the pantry. Avalon started crying and I went in to see what had happened. It looked like Avalon's face was covered in water, but Sterling quickly told me that he had poured Jet Dry on her head. I'm really not sure what he was thinking. Anyway, I panicked and called poison control. They told me to put her in the shower for 15 minutes to rinse her eyes. After that, they said it was okay to put her to bed. Well, in the morning she woke up with a right eye that was swollen and red. So, both kids went to the doctor.

Tuesday turned out to be a long day. We went to the Pediatrician at 9:50 and then she sent us to have Sterling's foot x-rayed and to a pediatric optometrist to have Avalon's eye looked at. By the time we were done it was 1:30 p.m. and we had spent all morning at doctors. The good news is that Sterling's foot isn't broken and Avalon's eye has healed up perfectly with no damage.

What a week, right? It only gets better. On Thursday, Aaron's grandma died. My heart is breaking for Aaron's mom. I can't even imagine how hard it must be on her.

So that was our week. In happier news, Aaron and I have realized that we use the word "Apparently" too much. Sterling has started to use it all of the time. It is really funny hearing a three year old say "apparently" all of the time. I swear, he talks like he is 30.

Avalon is just altogether goofy. She is obsessed with shoes. She usually has a diaper on and her shoes. I guess that is all that is important. If you take her to Walmart and get near the shoe section, she plops down in the cart and tries to take her shoes off so that she can try new ones on.

In other unreported news, we took the kids bowling a week ago. Avalon loved it. She particularly loved picking out different colored balls. She even threw a fit during one frame because she wanted to bowl with a green ball instead of the maroon ball we had been using. Sterling lost focus much faster than Avalon, but had fun too.

Aren't Sterling's bowling shoes cute?

Tonight, we took the kids to "UP" in the theater. It was the first time we have taken both kids to the movie and it was a lot of fun. Both kids loved having a big bucket of popcorn and a drink. The movie was really cute and both kids behaved well. Avalon liked being a big girl. She would eat popcorn and then wipe her hands and face on a napkin. She also ate a bag and a half of coconut m&ms. To say the least, it took her a long time to fall asleep tonight.

Well, I think that is the end of this totally convoluted post.

3 comments:

Battfam said...

I'm glad everyone is okay after the scares you had. It seems like there are always a few days like that when you have kids, bless their little hearts.

Becca's Blog said...

Wow, I don't think I know anyone who has called poison control more than you. Your life is crazy. Better luck in the future!

Jodi said...

I think it would be hilarious to get Sterling and my Lily together and let them chat. Aren't they cute when they learn new words? Lily uses words like "otherwise" and phrases like "what are we going to do about that?" She cracks me up.