Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas was a whirlwind at our house this year.  Here is a brief summary.  We also forgot to take our camera to a lot of stuff and so we don't have a lot of pictures.

My kids were so incredibly wired through most of December.  It was kind of a rough month.  Sterling spent most of December convinced that he was going to be on the naughty list. We kept threatening to take presents away, which was a great threat because he can't read so he didn't know if we took them away or not. 

Aaron's parents and Great Aunt Ardie came into town a few days before Christmas.  Aaron's mom and the kids did a lot of Christmas cooking for a couple of days. We had a ton of good stuff to eat.

The kids woke up on Christmas morning at about 8.  They were excited when they went to bed, but it didn't seem to make them wake up any earlier.  I was up most of the night because I was so excited.

When the kids woke up they went through their stockings and then went out to check out the playhouse that Santa had brought them.


After playing in the playhouse, the kids came back in to open up presents.  I think maybe they got a little too much because Avalon got bored part way through and went out to play in the playhouse again. 

The kids got a lot of fun stuff. They both got bikes.  Avalon got a tricycle and Sterling got a big boy bike.  Avalon got a shopping cart and a power wheels VW bug.  Sterling got a train and a train table.

                                     





A couple of days after Christmas, Aaron's sister Andrea and her three boys came to stay.  We had a lot of fun with them.  We went to see the lights at the temple again.  We also went to Goldfield Ghost town, Amazing Jakes, and did lots of other fun stuff.

Oh and as an aside, we put up Christmas lights on the house this year.  They weren't great.  I bought several vintage decorations.  They looked cooler in my head, before we got them set up.  Aaron insisted that we didn't need to buy outdoor extension cords and so we used several indoor cords.  The first thing that happened was that we forgot and left the lights on when the sprinklers came on.  We thought we had broken the outlet because after that it just didn't work.  We finally figured out that we had flipped the GFI switch on the bathroom outlet.  I thought that was the end of it, but Aaron assures me that he has had to reset the switch several times.
                                
And, for all of you Batts out there, I found this light on ebay and had to buy it because Grandma Batt had one like it.

2 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

Great vintage decor. I love vintage decorations. Looks like you guys had a good Christmas!

Battfam said...

Now that's what I'm talking about... a great Christmas post! I loved that the kids were riding their bikes in their pajamas. Maybe you will have to give Aaron some outdoor extension cords for his birthday so you won't have to worry about the lights next year. It sounds like you had a busy, but fun Christmas.