Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

As, I once again refuse to send out Christmas cards, I am writing a blog post instead.  I realize it is a total cop out, but hey, I cop out on a lot more important things in my life, all of the time.

2009 has been a good year at our house with lots of changes.

Avalon has learned to walk, talk and finally got front teeth.  The front teeth thing wouldn't have been such an issue, except for the fact that she started getting molars before front teeth and the doctor panicked and sent us to a dentist to find out if she had front teeth at all. I have to admit I was pretty worried that my baby girl would have to go to kindergarten with no front teeth and would have false teeth her whole life.  We were very relieved when she got her two front teeth. 

Other than that, Avalon is a great kid.  She goes to sleep without a fight and is good at playing on her own.  She is really into shoes, jewelry, cars and balls.  Somedays, I just can't figure out if she is a tom boy or a total girl. We enjoy her either way.  She is a hard worker and will pull a full size wagon all around the neighborhood just because she can. Oh and she turned 1 this year.

Sterling turned 3 this year and has learned to use the potty.  I think he was the easiest child ever potty trained.  I left to girls camp for one night and when I got back he was potty trained and never had accidents.  The only problem we have had is that he likes to pee in odd places.  He prefers to pee in the backyard rather than the toilet and has tried to pee in the Walmart parking lot. 

Sterling has also been working hard to learn to read and knows a lot of his sounds.  His imagination has really blossomed this year.  Sometimes Aaron and I are just amazed by what he says and does.  We have had a problem this Christmas because he really wants Santa to bring Christmas presents to his stuffed animals.  We have had to explain that Santa does not bring presents to stuffed animals.  He was very upset.  I guess his stuffed animals all wanted little Snuggies.

Aaron switched jobs again at work.  He says he doesn't have a job title right now.  As far as I can tell he is a Program Manager in the Marketing department of his company now. He has also played a lot of Fantasy Football this year.  He is very excited that he is in the finals.

I have had a great year.  I got to take the kids and go home to Idaho a couple of times this year. I was released from Young Women's and am now in Nursery with Sterling.  It is a complete change.  There are some real advantages to Nursery. For example, no chastity lessons.  There are disadvantages, too.  For example, kids who can't get their panties back up and whose parents we can't find. 

We also found out that I'm pregnant.  The baby is due sometime in July.  I am excited but very sick and that kind of puts a damper on things.

Well, that is the thrilling life of the Russells.  We appreciate and love you all. Have a Merry Christmas!

Love,
Tallie, Aaron, Sterling and Avalon

2 comments:

Curtis and Crystal said...

Merry Christmas too. Congrats on the pregnancy. Three sure fun but hard. I thought it was harder being pregnant then actually having three kids to take care of. Congrats again hopefully you will get over the morning(all day sickness) soon.

Angie said...

Woo hoo!!! Congrats. I hope the sickness goes away soon.

I'm HORRIBLE at checking blogs anymore-zero time to do it. But I'm so glad I hopped over here tonight to catch up with you guys.