Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our 6th Anniversary and St. Patrick's Day

Well, March 13th was our 6th anniversary.  I meant to do a nice post telling Aaron how much I love him, which I do and posting a cute wedding picture, but I never got around to it and at this point, it would just be really sad to post it.  I guess it would emphasize that I am the one who always forgets our anniversary.  Aaron is much more thoughtful.

For our anniversary, Aaron and I went out to eat at Carrabas, which was wonderful.  If you haven't eaten there, you should try it.  They have the best Italian food.  Afterwards we went to the Ostrich Festival.  We have been to the Ostrich Festival in the past and I remember there actually being Ostriches there.  We didn't see any Ostriches this time.  It was more like a small fair.  We checked out the vendor booths and spent a lot of money.  Then we went and watched part of a concert that they had going.  The band was "War", which Aaron and I had never heard of, but I guess they wrote and sang the songs "Low rider" and "Why can't we be friends?"  It was pretty fun.  We brought Sterling home a big bag of cotton candy which he loved and overall it was a successfull anniversary.

We had a fun St. Patrick's day, too.  I've decided that I'm not really sure what St. Patrick's day celebrates except for alcohol and the color Green, but Green is Sterling's favorite color so we had a party.  We had Halee's kids over and had a lot of fun.  The kids put on green hats and necklaces and posed for pictures.

Avalon wasn't in the mood to dress up.  She was a little tired.
Then they finger painted with pistachio pudding.  The older kids just finger painted.  Paul and Avalon ate their pudding.
Luke is getting really big.

Then the kids colored styrofoam cups and cooked them.  When they baked, they shrunk into little hats.

Afterwards, we had a green lunch.  The lunch was green macaroni and cheese, celery, pickles, green grapes and green gatorade in little green beer mugs.


Well that is the exciting life of the Russells.

No comments: