Saturday, May 15, 2010

What do you do when you're on Bed Rest?

I've got it! I'll catch up on my blogging.

I've gotten a little behind on blogging lately and so I'm going to catch up in a big blog.

First off, when we got back from our Mexico trip, my mom and my little brother, Klint, were down visiting. They came down to watch my sister, Halee's, kids while she and her husband took a little alone time trip. It was really fun to see them. We haven't gotten to see Klint much since he got home from his mission and the kids love him.

Avalon got to where she could identify and say Grandma and Grandpa, well at least she can say "Grandpa". She calls both Grandma's "Grandpa". I'm not sure what she was calling Aaron's Dad.

Here is a picture from my Mom and Klint's visit.

While we were in Mexico, Sterling's goldfish suffered a tragic death. So, somehow I thought it would be a great idea to get the kids new pets. Avalon really wanted a fish of her own. Sterling wanted a lizard. (The problem with the lizard is that I am scared to death of the lizard). We also got a fish for Halee's kids.

The lizard's name is Bernie. The fish is Caillou or Swim. (We aren't sure what Avalon has decided to go with.) Avalon is always asking for her fish to come and swim in the bathtub or the wading pool in the backyard.

Aaron was a little put out at me that I bought a lizard without consulting him. He seems to have adjusted a little, though because last night he was talking about getting a frog to live with the lizard.

Here are pictures of our new pets.

In other news, I found out week before last that my blood sugar came out borderline in my diabetes test. Instead of putting me through the other tests, they just put me on the diabetic diet. It stinks. I miss chocolate, but I do feel healthier and I don't think I'm gaining a ton of weight.

We had some fun the day before Mother's Day. Aaron and Sterling had tickets to the Diamondbacks game. I know they had fun, but they both got bored fast.

Avalon and I had a girls night out while the boys were gone. We decided to go and get pedicures. It was Avalon's first professional pedicure. She was very nervous, but is very proud of her pretty toes. She has shown them to everyone.

Mother's Day was a good day too. The kids were very sweet and kept wishing me happy Mother's Day. Sterling had picked me out some flowers. He is very proud of the flowers and checks on them every day. I also got a variety of things: new sheets, a humming bird feeder, an apple slicer, a cheese grater and an electric can opener. Aaron cooked dinner and we had a nice relaxing day.

Here is a picture from a mother's day gift we made for my mom.

Well, now, I know that some of you are probably wondering about the bed rest thing. Last night, I started having contractions and because I have a history of coming early and fast, I went to the hospital to get checked out. They gave me a shot of Terbutaline and ran some tests and then put me on bed rest until Monday when I can get in to see my doctor. Ugh! But at least I got some blogging done.

2 comments:

Family of Disney said...

Sorry you are one bedrest, I have been on it too. Sucks when there is so much to do!

Battfam said...

Good luck with the pets, or maybe that should be directed to Aaron since you are on bed rest. I hope you don't have to be on it for long and that things are okay.