Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Presenting: Truman James Russell

On July 5th, 2010, I woke up at about 5:00 a.m. to go to the bathroom. At 5:30 a.m. I had a couple of hard contractions that were 3 minutes apart and so we decided it was time to go to the hospital. We got to the hospital at 6:05 a.m. and Truman James Russell was born at 6:25 a.m. We were pretty proud of ourselves for getting to the hospital 20 minutes before he was born, because we only got to the hospital 12 minutes before Avalon was born. We were also very glad that Aaron made it to the delivery this time (he missed Avalon's delivery). The doctor missed Truman's delivery, though (he missed Avalon's also). I think it may be starting to bother the doctor a little. I didn't get an epidural again, even though I begged. Oh well, the doctor assures me I will never get one unless I am induced.

Anyway, Truman James Russell was born at 6:25 a.m. He was 7 lbs. 12 oz. and 21 inches tall. Because he was born so fast and the cord was wrapped around his kneck, his face was very blue and bruised. It is starting to fade to a normal color, though.


The kids, especially Sterling, love him to death and he seems to be a very good baby. He is two pounds bigger than any baby I've ever had and seems to be a good eater.


Day 1:





Day 2: (His eyes are still very crossed.)

5 comments:

Lncgr said...

I'm so glad he's here safe and sound! I love the name and he's just gorgeous!

Battfam said...

Wo, you really do cut it close, and if you have babies that fast, you probably didn't even need the epidural. I really like his sweet little face in that last picture. Glad things went well, even though they went fast. Way to blog fast too.

Family of Disney said...

I wish I could have fast labor like you.
Glad everything came out great!

Becca's Blog said...

Cute! Congrats on the new baby.

He kinda looks like he could be Halee's kid, but I bet you're pretty sure he's not.

Will his eyes go uncrossed or will he have to have little baby glasses?

Jodi said...

He's cute. And very huge compared to the baby I'm used to looking at. Congrats.