Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Catch Up

Okay, so I'm kind of playing catch up. I have taken a ton of pictures lately and haven't blogged about anything.

The Fair
First off, my birthday was the 16th and so Aaron took us all to the Arizona State Fair for the day. My kids love going to the fair.

Avalon freaked out on most of the rides we put her on.



The kids did like this fun house thing that they got to jump in and climb through.  Though, they got stuck in a tunnel and Avalon freaked out, again.






 I just thought this hot dog was cute.
 They had a dinosaur exhibit that had animatronic dinosaurs.  It was pretty cool.  It scared Avalon, of course.  Sterling was fascinated, though.
 I learned something interesting in the exhibit.  The picture below is a velociraptor.  Like the raptors off of Jurassic Park.  Notice it is covered in feathers.  I guess they have recently learned that raptors are covered in feathers.
 Truman road in the tummy pack.  The fair was so exciting that it kept wearing him out and he would fall asleep in the pack.

 Sterling had been asking for cotton candy for weeks before the fair.

 This is the one ride that Avalon liked.

 In the petting zoo.
Aaron Out of Town:
So on Thursday of this last week, Aaron, my brother in law Mark, my brother Jeff and my Dad went to Frontsight which is a gun training course.  This left us home alone and so we had to be creative to keep ourselves from missing Aaron too much.

On Friday, I was mopping the floor and the kids wanted to help.  I didn't have enough mops for them and so I told them they could skate on sponges.  That degraded into sliding on the wet floor.





Vertuccio Farms:
On Friday night, we took my sister Halee and her kids to Vertuccio Farms fall festival.  Aaron and I had already taken our kids, but we had so much fun that we wanted to take Halee.  For those of you who don't know my sister and her kids, my kids are Sterling (the redheaded boy), Avalon (the blond girl) and Truman (the baby).  My sister's kids look like they are my kids twins.  Madelynn is the redheaded girl. Paul the blond boy and Luke the bigger baby.











 I love that this teeter totter held four kids.

 Halee and I took 6 kids and two strollers into the corn maze in the dark.  Avalon spent the whole time crying "We neber get out."  We successfully and quickly made it through the maze.  We were pretty proud of ourselves.

Goldfield Ghost Town:
On Saturday we took the kids to a ghost town that is about six miles from our house.  The kids really liked exploring.








 We thought the cemetery would make for some good Halloween pictures.









 I thought this reenactor on a cell phone in front of a car was kind of funny.
 There was a group of reenactors there on Saturday.  I had never seen that before.



 The Superstition mountains.  We leave as far East in Mesa as you can get.  We are on the border of Apache Junction.  Aaron gives me a bad time because I love Apache Junction.  It reminds me of home.  It is a little more country.  People ride horses down the street.  People are often drunk in Walmart and you can see these mountains from our house.
 The kids have been begging to ride this train that goes around Goldfield.  We decided to take them this time.  We just didn't realize how slow it went.  It took 20 minutes to get around a one street town.  I think the total track distance was less than 2 miles.  For those of you who have been on the Heber creeper, it was a similar experience. 

Avalon was really scared to get on the train (after she had begged all day to ride it).  After a few minutes on the train, though, she turned to me and told me she was scared anymore.  The train was her favorite part of the day.





 The men made it back successfully last night and for those of you thinking about breaking into our house, don't.  Aaron knows how to shoot you now.

1 comment:

Becca's Blog said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Ghost towns are always fun to visit...Grandma Batt seemed to always love to take us to them. They're a great place to explore.