Well, this past week has been a lot of fun.
On Saturday before last, we took the kids to Rawhide for the 40th anniversary - free day. Basically, Rawhide is a fake western town. There isn't a ton to do there and most of it is really expensive. That's why we went on the free day. The problem with the free day is that the lines for the cool stuff like Burro rides were at least 2 hours long. The fun part was that when we got there, they handed our kids free cowboy hats, handkerchiefs and sheriff's badges. The kids got to go to the petting zoo, and ride a train. We spent a couple of hours there and then headed home.
I caught Avalon asking complete strangers for animal food.
Sterling spent quite a while trying to get this chick to come out so he could hold it.
Truman grabbing for the tail of a pig.
Avalon pole dancing in a jail cell again. I'm not sure why she pole dances the minute she gets into a jail.
Aaron and I went out that night to celebrate Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day is very different and far less romantic when you have three kids and the youngest goes everywhere with you. We went to a Brazilian barbecue place which was fun. It was one of those places where they slice meat off of skewers for you all night.
On Valentine's Day (the actual day), we had a romantic candlelit steak dinner - as a family. The kids were so excited to eat by candle light and they still keep asking to do it again. Aaron brought me flowers and chocolates. Though Avalon insists that Daddy brought the flowers for everyone. Apparently at our house, Valentine's day is a family affair. I told you, romance dies when you have three kids.
On President's day we took the kids to the Renaissance Fair. The kids love to dress up like knights and princesses and spend the day there. The first thing we did when we got there was to go and watch the joust. This was more for Sterling than anyone else. He has been asking a lot of questions about knights lately. He is really into weapons. We went to a hypnotist show, acrobats, and a whipping cracking demonstration. The oldest two kids also got to slide down a giant dragon slide. That is Avalon's favorite part.
In other funny things that my kids have done:
The other day Sterling found a cricket and wanted to know if he could touch it. I told him he could. He came out a few minutes later.
Sterling - I whacked the cricket over and over.
Me - I thought you were going to hold the cricket.
Sterling - Apparently that didn't work so well.
Every Spring, I get tired of my house and get the urge to redecorate everything. The first thing I redid this year was the Master bathroom. I found a 1950's laundry hamper at Goodwill. I thought it was really cool and decided to redo my bathroom around the hamper. Sometime, I will post pictures of the bathroom. In the meantime, I took these really cute pictures of the kids to hang above the bath tub.
2018 in Pictures
7 years ago





















1 comment:
so cute!
Post a Comment