As I mentioned before, I redecorated our bathroom in retro 1950's aqua and gold. Here are some pictures:
I found this clock at Walmart and thought it was cool.
Here are those pictures of the kids from last post.
I found this laundry basket for $5 at Goodwill and thought it was so cute.
On March 3, Avalon turned 3. I can't believe that my baby girl is 3. She is such a sweet, funny and crazy little girl. She talks like she is 40 and always has fun. She is also pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself. For her birthday, we went to the zoo with my sister's family and then we had a party with them later that night. Avalon wanted breakfast food for dinner and so we had waffles with strawberries and whip cream, bacon, eggs and hash browns. Instead of ordering her a cake (which I wanted to do), I agreed to make one (because Aaron didn't want a ton of cake around).
Avalon didn't have a big party with her friends like Sterling did, because we have discovered from experience that people don't take their kids to 3 year old birthday parties. We told her that if she didn't have a big party, we would buy her more gifts. That is why the stack of presents is almost as tall as she is.
The weather is finally nice enough that we have been going to the park. The kids have been riding their bikes to the park and having a blast.
Truman has these cute little curls in the back.
Truman being surrounded/ ganged up on by the chickens.
Did you know that cotton seed is fuzzy?
Today was the free day at the Desert Botanical Garden. We had never been before and so we went for the afternoon. They have a really cool butterfly garden where you are surrounded by butterflies. Avalon even had a couple land on her. They also have a train that highlights the plants and peoples of the Sonoran Desert. Sterling really liked the Indian Wickiups. They also had activities that the kids could do, like smashing mesquite beans and making paint brushes from Yucca.Those light green things are lunar moths. Did you know that moths sleep during the day and butterflies sleep at night?
An Indian wickiup.
Smashing beans
Yucca paint brush
Apache wickiup
Spanish corral











3 comments:
Loved all the pictures of the kids and all the activities. You must be more patient or faster than I am at uploading. Great job. Your bathroom redo looks fun too.
I do love that hamper. You always find the best things at your Goodwill...like Avalon's snow suit and those Spanish kids books you sent me. I need to come down and go shopping at Goodwill with you!
I don't think your bathroom is truly retro. Your sink, toilet and bathtub would have to be blue. But nice try:) Oh, and I check your blog every week, so don't feel bitter!
Post a Comment