On August 25th, 2012 at 2:14 a.m., Quin Michael Russell was born. He was 7 lbs 2 oz and 19.5 in. long. He was due September 12th, but was born at 37 weeks and 3 days.
We were scheduled to go in and be induced on the 24th but when I called the hospital, they had no record of our appointment and so they moved our appointment to the 25th. By 12 in the afternoon on the 24th, however, I was having regular contractions that were 2 to 3 minutes apart. We waited until 4 in the afternoon and decided to go and have the doctor check to see what was going on. I had been dilated to a 2.5 on the last doctor's visit and when we went in on the 24th I was dilated to a 4.
The doctor was a little nervous that I might rush into hard labor like I had the last two pregnancies and so he sent us right to the hospital. He broke my water and we thought the baby would come fast. It didn't really work that way. Instead, I got stuck at a 5 and stayed there for several hours. The labor wasn't too bad and so I even managed to get some sleep at this point.
The doctor had asked if I wanted an epidural, but I am a little bit of a chicken and I'm afraid of epidurals. I never really did manage to make up my mind about the epidural and so I ended up not having one.
When I hit a 7, things started moving really fast and I went from a 7 to delivering in like 30 minutes.
Overall, it wasn't a bad delivery, it only really hurt for 30 minutes. Plus, I only gained 22 pounds this entire pregnancy.
Quin has been a great baby. He eats well and is pretty laid back.
These pictures are from the day he was born.
This was from the day we took him home from the hospital. He doesn't like his car seat much.
These pictures are from when he was about a week old.
2018 in Pictures
7 years ago











4 comments:
What a cutie. Congratulations!
Congratulations! He's beautiful.
I'm so excited for you and I love the name. I never knew we share the same aversion to epidurals. People always think I'm so brave for not having them but really I just hate needles and would rather endure the pain than suffer the trauma of anticipating a needle in my back.
He is such a cutie! Congrats! You have the best birth stories, and this one didn't disappoint. Glad it all worked out. Enjoy!
Post a Comment