Saturday, August 18, 2012

August so far . . .

I decided that I need to get caught up on blogging in case this baby actually comes soon and then I can post pictures of him.

August started out with Aaron's parents coming to town for 10 days.  It was great to see them.  They just returned from an 18 month mission in the Philippines and so it had been a while since we had seen them.

John, Aaron's Dad, took the kids out to the garden to pick peas and beans.


They brought the kids a slip and slide as a present.





We all went to West Yellowstone overnight.  It was a nice vacation.  We got up early and headed into Yellowstone Park.

 I was walking a little behind Aaron and the kids.  When I caught up at this geyser, Aaron was taking a picture of the kids with a couple of asian girls.  I asked him what was going on and apparenlty the girls had wanted their picture taken with the cute blonde American kids.



 Here we are at Old Faithful.  We had lunch here and then headed back out of the park.

Truman and I stayed in the car for this next hike, because Truman had fallen asleep in the car.


 
After we got back to West Yellowstone, we did some shopping and exploring.  The kids really liked the bear statues all over.



That night we went to the Playmill and saw Annie Get Your Gun.  It was well done and all of the kids except Truman really enjoyed it.  It was a little too long and a little too late for Truman.

The next morning, we let the kids swim in the hotel pool and then we explored West Yellowstone some more and headed home.

That day was Aaron's birthday, too.  So, when we got home we made his birthday dinner.  Klint and Talia came over and we had a little birthday party for Aaron.  He turned 39 which seems really old.



One day while Aaron's parents were in town, we went to Porter Park in Rexburg.  Aaron, John and Sterling played tennis, while Avalon and Truman played in the splash park.




2 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

I've been wanting to get an adult sized slip n' slide all summer. Your post made me wish I had, and made me realize how little normal slip n' slides really are. Looks like you guys are having a fun summer.

Angie said...

Sounds like you guys are liking Idaho! Yay! Good luck with the baby. Fun fun! We just found out we are having a surprise oops #5. Still working on getting excited about it though. :)