Christmas was really fun. My brother Jeff and his kids were in town. It was so fun to have everyone together. We partied and partied.
I decided to try making some homemade gifts this year. The first two pictures are of some family trees that I made. The top one was for my brother Jeff's family and the bottom one was for my parents.
I also made these wooden banks from some old post office box doors that I found. My grandfather made banks like this when I was a kid, so I was very excited to find the doors. I made 12 of these. One for each of the cousins.
Christmas Day was a lot of fun at our house. I love living close to family so that we can have Christmas in our own home. For three months, the kids kept their rooms spotless so that they could earn a kitten for Christmas. On Christmas morning they were very excited.Sterling got duct tape from Santa.
Here is a video of part of our Christmas morning. Just a warning, it is long and will probably be of no interest to most people.
The kids named the cat Noel because she was a Christmas cat. She has turned out to be a wonderful cat. She tolerates everything the kids do to her. That includes riding in dump trucks, having her hair done and being carried around constantly. The vet thinks it is really funny that we bring her in swaddled like a baby.
One day Truman came in carrying her in a gallon Ziploc bag. He was trying to seal the bag as he showed me that she fit perfectly in a gallon bag. I panicked and quickly let her out of the bag before she suffocated. Yes, I let the cat out of the bag.
On New Years Day, we took the kids sledding at Rigby Lake. There were some really steep hills and the kids got going pretty fast.
My Dad's birthday was on January 7th. I like these pictures because his cake is just one glowing flame.
January was a little bit of a rough month for us. On the first Saturday in January, Aaron took Avalon to the Urgent Care for an ear infection. Before he was home, I had a really bad pain in my side. I assumed it was just an Ovarian Cyst because I get those a lot, but the pain was a little different and so I was worried that it might be an appendicitis.
So, Aaron and I went to the Urgent Care. The Urgent Care took some blood and ordered an MRI. In the MRI there was a lot of fluid in my abdomen and they couldn't see my appendix so they decided to do surgery and they sent us to the Emergency Room. Turns out my appendix was fine, but my ovary was twisted. They took out my appendix and fixed everything and the next day sent me home.
That was a rough week because I couldn't pick Quin up.
The next Monday, Avalon had blood coming out of her ear, so Aaron had to take her to the doctor. Turns out her ear drum had ruptured.
Towards the end of the week, things seemed to be going pretty well. The little boys had colds, but we didn't think much of it. By Saturday, however, Quin was breathing really rapidly and not moving much. So, Aaron went back to the Urgent Care. The Urgent Care did a chest x-ray and decided that there was definitely a problem. We were once again sent to the Emergency room. Quin was dehydrated and had RSV, which stinks because he had been getting his RSV vaccinations every month. We were in the hospital for most of the next week.
By the end of the week, we couldn't keep Quin in bed. The hospital found a wagon for him to use and he played with it for hours and ran the halls. At this point, the nurses were paging the doctor every 15 minutes asking him to send us home.
One Sunday afternoon, the kids decided they wanted to have a tea party. Costumes were required (except for Quin).
The rest are some random pictures of Quin and Avalon.








No comments:
Post a Comment