
Avalon is a wonderful baby. She eats well and sleeps really well even at night. She is also very good natured.
As far as Aaron's description of our trip to the hospital, it was pretty close. I remember it slightly different, though.
I woke up at about 5 to go to the bathroom and then started having contractions at about 5:19. I decided that since the doctor had said that I should wait an hour before going to the hospital, I would shower and get ready.
I got up and showered and pretty soon my contractions were coming a minute or two apart. For some reason, I still wasn't convinced that I had to go to the hospital right then. Aaron also had no idea what was going on upstairs because he was downstairs packing. I brushed my teeth and was trying to put my makeup on when the pain got really bad. I called Aaron and told him that we needed to go immediately. He came up and wanted to shower quick. While he was in the shower my water broke and I was lying on the rug trying to get Aaron to just call an ambulance. He helped me to the car and loaded Sterling in.
I screamed most of the way to the hospital. Sterling seems to have picked up on the screaming, because he does it all of the time since then.
Aaron got me into a wheel chair at the hospital and left to take Sterling to Halee's. I was wheeled quickly through Triage and into a delivery room. About this point, I was begging for an epidural. I also remember asking what I was dialated to. The nurses looked at me like I was insane and informed me that the baby was here.
To say the least, she beat the doctor. She was delivered 11-12 minutes after I got to the hospital. The nurses were still talking about it when I left the hospital on Wednesday.
So that was our Monday. I don't know why we can't just have babies the normal way. Normal people go to the hospital and don't spend 7 days on Magnesium Sulfate trying not to have the baby (Sterling). Normal people also spend more than 10 minutes in the hospital before delivery (Avalon).
But, I guess normal people don't have these weird stories and what would life be without weird stories.

6 comments:
You'll have great stories to tell the kiddoes when they get older, though! Just be glad you didn't deliver in the car or an elevator or something! If Aaron had called an ambulance, you'd have had little Avalon at home on the bathroom floor! :) (You can save that for next time)
She is a beautiful baby and I'm glad everything went smoothly, if a tad fast. Get some rest and enjoy your new baby.
Ellen
In case Aaron forgets to tell you, I'm bringing dinner by on Monday around 5:30ish.
Can't wait to see sweet little Avalon!
she is such a cute baby and I love the fun stories. I like how Aaron decided to omit the part where he was in the shower:)
She is adorable!!! Have fun with your new little girl!!!!
-Annette
Congratulations! I'm glad you made it to the hospital even though it was just barely. She is a sweetie.
Post some new pics of Avalon. I couldn't believe how tiny and sweet she was when I stopped by the other day.
Post a Comment