
This last Sunday was Avalon's first pigtail day. I know that isn't a real day, but as a mother it is still a very exciting day. Avalon's hair has been a little bushy and hair barretts and head bands just don't stay in it. So we tried the pigtails. I thought they were cute. Aaron thought she could have picked up a television signal.In other news, Aaron spent part of last week on Jury duty. He made the jury and after closing arguments was really excited to go in and graph it all out for the other jurors. Just before they started deliberations, they randomly drew the name of one juror who would be the alternate and get to leave. Yep, they chose Aaron. He was very disappointed. He planned to lead the jury in a very organized and efficient discussion. From my point of view, he is an attorney's nightmare, but I guess defense attorneys like Engineers on their juries and Prosecutors hate them.
In the final random story of the day, last Thursday I was supposed to go to a meeting with the missionaries. They have decided that they want a representative from each organization to go to the meeting each week. Well, I showed up on time and no one was there. So, I called the Young Women's president and she said she thought it was still happening. Finally, the Elders showed up, let themselves into the church and headed right for the bathroom without saying anything to me. I waited for about 20 minutes and then I headed over to the bathrooms. I could hear the Elders in the Men's room talking very loudly about something having to do with "Homosexuality" and if one of them ever acted "Homosexual" then the other one was to kill him. That kind of stuff. I can say that I don't understand how a 19 year old boy gets anyone to join the church. It's got to be the Lord. Anyway, I waited a little longer and finally yelled "Elders". Dead Silence. "Elders are we having this meeting." Dead silence and then "someone is going to have to go out and talk to her, it's 6:45." So, instead of coming out and talking to me, they walked out, didn't make eye contact and headed down the hall. I ran after them and they assured me that the Ward mission leader was coming in 10 minutes. To say the least, the meeting never happened and the missionaries will never make eye contact with me again, but that's okay because everytime I see them I wonder which one is worried about being gay.

1 comment:
Oh my gosh. I'm totally dying. So funny.
Post a Comment