Sunday, June 7, 2009

Up, Up and Away

Sterling is very excited because we are going on several trips this summer. First, the kids and I are flying up to see my family and then we are all flying to see Aaron's family. I found the kids some little suitcases and they have spent the last week pulling them around constantly. Sterling has been packed for days now.

Last night, the babysitter asked if Sterling was going on a plane soon, because she found table knives and otter pops in his suitcase and she was pretty sure they won't make it through security. I assured her that I will repack the suitcase before we go.




In other crazy news, the other night I stayed up really late working and so I was tired and decided to try and nap while Avalon napped. This left Sterling completely alone which was probably a mistake. The first thing that woke me up was the microwave turning on. I ran over and checked what was in there. Sterling had put an aluminum pot in the microwave with a cut up balloon. Well, after I got that stopped, I went back to sleep. When I woke up, Sterling informed me that he had made a pie for his Grandma Russell. He had poured an entire bottle of syrup into a pie tin and then he had cracked several eggs in it. He had put it on the table and covered it with foil. I discovered shortly after that, that he had cracked the eggs in his toy room on the carpet. He managed to keep most of the shell out of the pie, which I thought was pretty impressive for a three year old. He was crushed when I threw it away, but I explained that he needed a recipe to make a good pie and I promised that we would make a pie before we went to see his Grandma.

He also informed me the other day that he and Grandma Russell were the ones who colored on the wall with crayon. So, Sharon, you are in trouble.

We were leaving Halee's house the other day and there were some people walking down the street. He yells "Move people" and then a little while later "We don't want to get blood on our car." So much compassion.
In other news, Avalon says "Mommy", "Daddy", "Ball", "Kitty", "Balloon" (which sounds like ball) and "Hi". All of her stuffed animals are called "Kitty". She has also gotten really attached to Winnie the Pooh. She has a little Winnie the Pooh that she picks up by the ear and carries around. She also has a giant Winnie the Pooh that she lays on. It's pretty cute.

2 comments:

Battfam said...

It sounds like you will have a busy summer, but fun one. You might have to get a nanny or at least a babysitter if you are going to get a real nap in the next few years.

Angie said...

Sterling is hilarious!
I'm so impressed you braved a flight with two kids alone!!