Monday, June 1, 2009

More Random Projects

So, Sterling and I have been very busy with random projects lately. I kind of want to journal what we have done, so I am posting it here as I don't really keep any other journal. Sterling loves to paint and make things, so he is always involved.

First, my sister Halee's birthday is coming up soon. Sterling and I made her a bag from a couple of napkins I found at Goodwill. Yes, I know I am total white trash.

We also redid a toybox to go along with the bag. I got the toybox for $6 at Goodwill. It was totally trashed. Sterling and I stripped it down and then painted it and mod podged on the top. With $5 worth of supplies, this is probably the cheapest gift I have ever given Halee. Sorry.

This is BEFORE.


This is a picture of AFTER.
At the same time I got the toybox, I found a little white doll high chair for $6. I painted it and I think it turned out cute. It is for Avalon or Madelynn for Christmas.




Avalon loves jewelry and we need some place to keep hers, so I found this jewelry box for $2 also at Goodwill. I didn't like the colors. It was cherry with a copper color frame, so I painted it and put a baby picture of Avalon in it.

Avalon also has no furniture in her room. I found this really cute dresser that was pretty trashed. I got it for $15 at Goodwill. Yes, I pretty much only shop at Goodwill now. I think it is my latest obsession. I redid the dresser and put new hardware on it. I love the way it turned out.
This is a BEFORE. Sorry, to those of you who love antiques. I agree with you. I love the way it looked white, but it wouldn't fit in our house that way and it was pretty trashed and missing hardware.

This is AFTER.
Anyway, this is what Sterling and I have been up to during Avalon's naps. I'll post something more interesting about the kids soon.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! Great job on everything!! I'm so impressed.

Battfam said...

Your projects look great. I'm proud of you for buying the things to fix up and then actually doing it right away. You probably will never have a garage full of projects you are "going to get to someday."

Taylor Anne Vail said...

you did such an amazing job on everything! It looks SO GOOD!