Sterling started second grade and Avalon started kindergarten this year.
Sterling has a very fun teacher named Trudy Bidwell. She and her husband used to own the Playmill which is a local playhouse. She is very fun and dramatic and Sterling loves her.
Avalon is in a language immersion kindergarten. She has two teachers. One teacher is teaching her to read. The other teacher only speaks Spanish to the kids. As far as I can tell the Spanish class is kind of chaotic, but Avalon loves her Spanish teacher and is loving learning a language. Oddly enough she likes not know what is going on. Her words, not mine.
The kids and I made these little cheesecloth ghosts this year as our Halloween project.
Aaron's parents gave me this old cedar chest. It was missing a couple of legs and had been hit by a truck. I took it and added legs. Then I painted it and distressed it. I don't normally distress stuff because Aaron doesn't like it, but I wanted to keep the character of the front panel and so it just needed to be distressed. I found an old potato sack and padded and upholstered the top. I have to say, that I love the way it turned out.
Aaron gave Quin his first haircut in September. I think he looks more like a little boy and less like a homeless old man.
For some reason, one day the kids decided to decorate the lawnmower. I had to take a picture of Aaron driving his pimped out mower.
The last project I finished in September is this little bench. I made it from some wood from my parents' old deck. The wood was painted red and so I stripped it and built this bench and then stained it this deep brown. I have to say I like the way it turned out. It was for my mom for Christmas, but there was a small mix up. I had the stomach flu on my mom's birthday and Aaron got confused and took the bench to her along with her birthday gift. Oh well, I guess it means I get to do more Christmas shopping. No complaining here.

1 comment:
Thanks for sharing all the pictures of your busy and fun summer. No wonder you didn't have time to post. You were too busy having fun.
Post a Comment