Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sterling is 2

So, it finally happened. Sterling turned 2. This is very scarey for us, for many reasons. One, it means he is just going to get more opinionated and he is very opinionated already. Two, it means Aaron and I are getting old. Three, it means our baby is not a baby anymore.

Sterling celebrated his birthday in style. We threw Sterling a birthday party with friends from his nursery in our old ward and new friends from our new ward. They played with toys, golfed in the backyard, ate pizza and had a pinata.



The pinata was a big hit. The kids really enjoyed wacking the pinata with the bat. Then when the candy started falling out, Sterling climbed under the pinata and laughed maniacally. He was very excited. The funny thing is that some kids kept hitting the pinata while the others were under the pinata gathering candy. It was a miracle that no one got hit in the head with a baseball bat, though a few of the kids did get hit with golf balls in the face.


Sterling also had a golf cake.

Sterling got a lot of stuff from the "Cars" movie. He was very excited. Aaron and I got Sterling a race car bed that we personalized for him. He has been great at sleeping in it instead of his crib. We haven't had any transition problems at all. The only thing different is that he insists we make his bed every time he gets up, so we make his bed at least twice a day.

After Sterling's party we took him to the driving range so he could hit some golf balls. The club pro came by and told us that Sterling has a lot of natural talent. I'm sure he tells everyone with a 2 year old who golfs the same thing, but we like to hear it.
In other news, my sister Halee had her baby. It is a little boy and he came last Thursday. He is tentatively named Paul, but I guess the name is still up in the air.



That's pretty much all of the excitement in our lives right now. I just finished new beginnings for Young Women which involved a very complex power point presentation. The people presenting also managed to announce that I'm a belly dancing lawyer all in one evening. Great! (sense the sarcasm?)

Aaron has been working hard. He is also playing a lot of ball. On Tuesday nights, he brings Sterling to the church and (together) they coach the Young Mens team. Then I take Sterling home and Aaron stays and plays ball. Sterling loves it. Aaron is also really enjoying the coaching. Aaron got called to be the Second Counselor in the Elder's Quorum presidency. I think he will like the calling. Otherwise, Aaron has just been working long hours.


We hope all is going well with you.


Love,
Tallie, Aaron and Sterling


3 comments:

Angie said...

I can't believe Sterling is two! Time sure does fly. Very soon he'll have a little sister to contend with! Exciting.

Taylor Anne Vail said...

WOW! I can'tbelieve sterling is 2 already. it seems like you just had him. he is such a cute little boy. Glad your doing well.

Battfam said...

It's a good thing you have a blog or I wouldn't know what is going on with the Anderson family. When I read the news about Halee's baby, I told Alan we needed to get after your mom for not letting us know about things. Then he said, "Oh yeah, Ken sent me an email and pictures of the new baby 4 days ago." I guess your mom isn't the weak link in the information chain after all. Anyway, we're glad all is going well.
P. S. It looks like this is a great time for a birthday in Arizona. Your yard looks so nice. I'll have to try to post some pictures of all the snow we have piled up around here.