Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Mysteries of the Two Year Old Mind

I love the workings of the two year old mind.



The other day I had Sterling carry my cell phone downstairs. A little later I was looking for my phone and asked him where he had put it. He headed for the pantry so I followed and watched him pull my cell phone out of a box of Raisin Bran. Talk about a prize in the cereal box.



Then later that day I told him we were going to clean up the living room. He started singing the "clean up" song. Which, by the way, does anyone know where this song came from or what the words are? Then he went and got the broom and the dustpan and handed it to me and said "clean up". Then he grabbed his little broom and said "my clean up". He proceeded to sweep the living room carpet. Then as I was vacuuming, he grabbed a push toy and pretended to vacuum with me.



The next day I took him to Wal-Mart for some one on one time. Sterling enjoys it. He calls it shop-ping (with the emphasis on the ping). He won't stay in the cart, so I put his doggy backpack/leash on him and he wanders around the store with me. Well, we were in the vegetable section and he comes up to me and spits a mouthful of lettuce in my hand. I guess he had taken a bite out of some lettuce while I wasn't watching. Then, as I was looking at strawberries, I glanced down at him and he had tried to take a bite out of an apricot. We left the fruit section very quickly.

Sometime last week, He was in the bathroom with me and he found a feminine pad. He brought it to me and said "airpee" (airplane) and proceeded to fly the feminine pad.



I love the workings of his little mind.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I learned the song when I was in nursery for TWO years. This is how we sang it:
Clean up, clean up
Everybody, everywhere.
Clean up, clean up,
Everybody do your share.

Sterling is so cute!!

LD said...

He's cute.
The song comes from the PBS show Barney about 10 or more years ago.

Heather said...

Your little guy is so cute! And two-year-olds do have funny little minds, don't they. Luke likes to pull tampons out of my purse and yell "ice cream!" He thinks they're popsicles.