Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

We hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We did. My parents were in town and we partied all weekend. On Saturday we baked cookies that had pink bunnies on them. Pillsbury makes really cute cookies that already have designs in them. So, we made a batch of them and then we decorated sugar cookies that Halee brought over. During naptime, Sterling took Grandma and Grandpa to the big Harley Davidson store in Apache Junction. It was a lot of fun. Grandpa and Sterling both have a passion for motorcycles.

In the evening we decorated Easter eggs and then Halee, Mark, Grandma and Grandpa went to the Easter Pageant at the temple while Aaron and I took care of the kids. I watched Halee's kids and it was really funny. I was struggling to get Paul to go to sleep. He kept fighting it. Madelynn was wandering the house and I kept catching her and sending her back to bed. Finally, Paul fell asleep on my chest and I got him into bed. Then I went looking for Madelynn. I found her fast asleep with a blanket over her head like a ghost on the bathroom floor.

Easter was a great day. The weather was beautiful. Avalon got a doll stroller from the Easter Bunny and Sterling got one of those balls you bounce on and a new kite. Sterling really enjoyed the whole Easter Bunny thing.

We had a big Easter dinner with my sister, Halee and her family and my parents. Then we hid about 70 eggs in the backyard for the kids to find. We also hid some really well for the adults to find. We ended the day watching family home movies.

1 comment:

Battfam said...

Looks like a fun time for everybody. Grandma Batt would be proud that you are still hiding eggs.