On Thursday night, we took the kids trick or treating at Fry's Grocery store. It wasn't as exciting as was advertised, but we got a good deal on bacon. Avalon had two Halloween costumes this year and so we dressed her as Cinderella on Thursday.



Friday night was our ward trunk or treat. We all dressed up for it. Avalon was back in her belly dancing outfit. She had a lot of fun getting ready for the party. I took her upstairs and we put on makeup together. She keeps saying "pretty", "pretty". And yes, Avalon and I are wearing long underwear under our costumes. It was cold for Arizona that night. It was probably in the 50's. In Idaho standards, that would be short weather. I've totally become a wimp. Well, at the trunk or treat, everyone had hot dogs and chilli and then there was a fashion show and the kids played some carnival games. Finally, was the trunk or treat. Avalon couldn't say trick or treat, so she just said "candy" and "thank you". The kids had a blast and got a lot of candy. We gave out a lot too. Some of the kids in the ward came around 2 or 3 times and we even had a couple of kids/adults in their 20's come trick or treating.



Here are all angles of Sterling's cute giraffe costume. I love the padding. It gave him a belly, hips and a bum.

On Halloween, we took the kids out to Souper Salad for dinner and then we took them trick or treating. Trick or treating was really fun. Our neighborhood goes all out. People sit in chairs on their driveways passing out candy and tons of kids walk the streets. Some people even make their houses really scary. The kids traveled in style. They rode in the wagon and we wheeled them from house to house.


After we got back from trick or treating, we still had a ton of candy that we had bought to pass out. So the kids and I went out and sat on the driveway and passed out candy. The kids loved it. Sterling kept yelling down the street that we had candy. Avalon was just yelling "candy".

Friday night was our ward trunk or treat. We all dressed up for it. Avalon was back in her belly dancing outfit. She had a lot of fun getting ready for the party. I took her upstairs and we put on makeup together. She keeps saying "pretty", "pretty". And yes, Avalon and I are wearing long underwear under our costumes. It was cold for Arizona that night. It was probably in the 50's. In Idaho standards, that would be short weather. I've totally become a wimp. Well, at the trunk or treat, everyone had hot dogs and chilli and then there was a fashion show and the kids played some carnival games. Finally, was the trunk or treat. Avalon couldn't say trick or treat, so she just said "candy" and "thank you". The kids had a blast and got a lot of candy. We gave out a lot too. Some of the kids in the ward came around 2 or 3 times and we even had a couple of kids/adults in their 20's come trick or treating.

1 comment:
I love your family pic! So cute of all of you dressed up!
Sophie & Sterling were twinners this year.
Post a Comment