My kids have been playing outside a lot, which at our house with heat that is over a hundred degrees and the price of swim diapers, means nudity. So here are some head shots of them playing outside.




Avalon has been really funny lately (as usual). She has been really scared of monsters and bad guys coming into her room at nap time. We have tried a lot of different things to make it better. The latest has been placing two stuffed dogs on the end of her bed as guard dogs. The other day, Aaron had just put her down for a nap and she started making a lot of noise. Aaron went up and she says "my dogs not go ruff, ruff." Aaron said, "Yes they do" and he made ruff, ruff sounds with them. Avalon laughed but then looked at Aaron in all seriousness and said "they can't go ruff, ruff on their own." It is really bad when you are outsmarted by a two year old. After a few days of thinking about it she had decided that her dogs really stunk as guard dogs.
Sterling is his usual creative self. He is always looking for project to make and things to do. He started T-ball and enjoys that. I'll post pictures once he starts playing actual games.
Truman is growing. He is six weeks old now. His eyes aren't crossed anymore. He has rolls on his legs and he is learning how to smile. I love the big gummy open mouth grins that you get from babies. He is a good sleeper as long as he is in bed with us. Basically, so that I'm not dead tired all day. I've figured out how to nurse laying down. I just flip him from side to side all night and I sleep through it all. I'm becoming a human pacifier, but I'm feeling pretty good.



Now that I have my energy back, I have been working on redoing Avalon's room into a big girl room. I just redid this piece of furniture and I have to say that it is one of my favorites. Partly because I got it for $6 at Goodwill. This is a before picture.
This is after. When I get Avalon's whole room done, I'll post pictures.

2 comments:
I've heard that a spray bottle full of "monster spray" works well for getting rid of scary things under the bed.
She's conned you with the monster thing. Tyler did the same thing.
Post a Comment