Today we went to the zoo with Halee and her kids. It was a good day.
Sterling got to see a monkey get in trouble for finding a cracker. He thought it was great. Apparently some of the monkeys at the zoo are allergic to gluten and so if they get a hold of crackers they get diarrhea. This monkey found an animal cracker (rhino shaped according to the panicking zoo worker). You could tell the monkey knew that it wasn't supposed to have it, because it instantly took off into the trees.
Then Sterling got to feed a squirrel. Okay, he wasn't really supposed to feed the squirrel. The squirrel came out of the bushes, stood up on its hind legs and started begging Sterling for food. I guess he looks like a sucker for a cute squirrel. I gave Sterling a cracker and the squirrel came up and took it right out of his hand. Halee was panicking the whole time. She was convinced our children were going to be attacked by rabid squirrels.
Oh and for those of you who haven't been to the Phoenix zoo in a while, they have added a lot of cool play areas.

Sterling got to see a monkey get in trouble for finding a cracker. He thought it was great. Apparently some of the monkeys at the zoo are allergic to gluten and so if they get a hold of crackers they get diarrhea. This monkey found an animal cracker (rhino shaped according to the panicking zoo worker). You could tell the monkey knew that it wasn't supposed to have it, because it instantly took off into the trees.
Then Sterling got to feed a squirrel. Okay, he wasn't really supposed to feed the squirrel. The squirrel came out of the bushes, stood up on its hind legs and started begging Sterling for food. I guess he looks like a sucker for a cute squirrel. I gave Sterling a cracker and the squirrel came up and took it right out of his hand. Halee was panicking the whole time. She was convinced our children were going to be attacked by rabid squirrels.
Oh and for those of you who haven't been to the Phoenix zoo in a while, they have added a lot of cool play areas.

1 comment:
I have to say I am a bit jealous that you guys are at the Zoo with sunlight in February!
Also, I just looked at your CUTE furniture that you finished.... FANTASTIC!
I love age 3! So fun! They definately grow up too fast don't they!
Post a Comment