Saturday, February 21, 2009

Finding Joy in my Children

Some days, finding joy in my children can be harder than others. Usually the hard days are the days when I feel like they are kicking my hiny.

Lately, though, I have to admit that I find my children really funny. Sterling lately has started asking "Can I . . ." all of the time. "Can I feed Avalon a bit?" "Can I touch that?"





He has also started having "talks" with me. Yesterday, he woke up earlier than I would have liked and so I went into his room and told him it was still night time. He said "It is hot." I asked "You're too hot?". He said "It is hot." and pointed at the window. "Oh", I said "it's light?" "Yes", he said "It is light." Apparently that means that it is "Good Morning." in Sterling's world.



Then later in the day, we were outside and Sterling was trying to pick up all of the plastic practice golf balls in the back yard. He kept telling me that he didn't want "Bad Bugs" to bite them. I tried to explain that bugs don't eat plastic. He just looked at me and said "Yes, they do. They are called plastic bugs." Apparently, I stand corrected.

Avalon has been pretty funny lately too. Sterling has been taking her toys all of the time and she gets angry and screams and then looks at me. Well, today he tried to take something from her and she got angry and screamed and looked at me and apparently decided that I wasn't doing enough. So she grabbed Sterling by the front of the shirt and screamed in his face. I think that one day she is going to beat him up.




She has also started talking quite a bit. She will come up to me and say "Hi" and she calls her dad "Dada".

She has started eating cat food, though. Apparently, she thinks that cat food is just a treat we leave out for her. I keep having to pick it out of her mouth. I'm going to have to think of a way to fix that.

Also, if there are any doctors or dentists out there, when do you worry about the fact that your child has no teeth? Avalon is almost one and still toothless. I'm starting to think that she wasn't born with the genes for teeth.

1 comment:

Battfam said...

Cute pictures of the kids. You might have to call Stuart about the teeth thing.