Yes, I am very excited the furniture I was redoing is finally done.
The first piece was a bookcase. When I found this bookcase at the Deseret Industries for $20, it was an Oak bookcase that had been stained white. Someone had tried, unsuccessfully, to cut the top off of the bookcase and it was all wavy and looked pretty bad. I cut the top off of it the best I could and then topped it with molding. Then I painted it brown and dry brushed some darker brown on it.
The next pieces of furniture were a Precious Moments toy box and chair. Originally they were blue, green, yellow and white with Precious Moments people painted on them. I got them for $25 at St. Vincent De Pauls. I painted them brown and then dry brushed darker brown on them. I painted the seat of the chair pink to match Avalon's room. On the top of the toy box I Mod Podged some scrapbook paper.
I am really excited about the way everything turned out and so I am showing off a little by posting pictures.

4 comments:
Cute projects Tallie...
I need to follow your example and finish some of my own unfinished projects...
maybe next month
wow, you did a great job. We have a TV stand that has been in Jason's family for years. May-be I could pay you to refinish it for us. We are going to wait until we stop using it in the kid's playroom.
Love the furniture, Tallie. It all looks great.
You are amazing! I think they turned out great and you spent a lot less money than you would on new. Now you have the satisfaction that you did yourself, too.
You're such a great mom and your kids are growing up fast!
Post a Comment