Monday, February 2, 2009

Sterling is 3!!!!

Today was Sterling's birthday and he is officially 3. It was kind of a strange/frustrating day for Sterling's Mom. I was trying so hard to make his birthday a good day and things just kept happening.

First we were meeting Halee, Madelynn and Paul for lunch at McDonalds. The first McDonalds we went to didn't have a playground, so I called around to try and find a McDonalds with one. We thought we had found one, but when we got there all they had was a play house. They had fun anyway.


After lunch, I took the kids to Fry's to buy Sterling a birthday cake. Well, actually, I just bought him two big cupcakes for today. Saturday is the big party with the big cake. Anyway, Fry's has really cool shopping carts with cars on the front of them that the kids can drive. Avalon loved it.

Well, we pulled up to the bakery and we found the two cupcakes. Sterling was very excited and wanted to hold them in the car part of the cart while I ordered his birthday cake. When I looked back in the car/cart, Sterling had taken the lid off of one of the cupcakes and Avalon had put her foot in a bright red spiderman cake. Yeah, it was a mess. So, we finally get out of the store and I am cleaning the frosting off of Avalon, when I realize that we had stolen a bag of Hershey Kisses. Sterling had grabbed them while I wasn't looking. I don't even remember going near the Hershey Kisses and so I have no idea how Sterling found them and got them into the car/cart. Anyway, we had to take them back. I found a very nice bag boy who agreed to take them back for me. One day I am going to be arrested because of my children.

When we got home, I went to put Avalon down for a nap. When I picked her up, I felt something wet and she had poop going up her back, up my arm and on the carpet. Yuck!

This evening we took the kids to the park. Of course, instead of a nice trip to the park, Sterling falls off of the swing first thing and gets a bloody nose. I wonder if I hadn't worried so much about it being a nice day, if it would have gone better. By the end, I was frustrated and tired. After the park, we got Panda Express for dinner. Yes, Sterling chose Panda Express over pizza. What can I say, weird kid.


I think he had a good day. He got lots of presents and got to see a lot of his Dad which always makes for fun.

2 comments:

Family of Disney said...

I am laughing, not at you honey, but you just described being a mommy. My husband often wonders why I am grumpy when he gets home from work. You just summed it up!

Taylor Anne Vail said...

WOW! I can't believe he is already three. Time really does fly by!