Friday, February 13, 2009

You're nobody until you've been insulted by a three year old. . .

Sometimes I feel like I have a little adult walking around the house. Sterling is getting so he acts quite grown up.


The other day he told Aaron "Daddy, I need my hands cleaned otherwise you will put me in time out." Yes, my child now uses the word otherwise and he uses it correctly.


Today he helped me cook banana bread. He was the cutest little cook you've ever seen. Though, he started without me. I went upstairs to put Avalon down for a nap and when I came back he had shoved a whole bunch of Lysol wipes in the sugar container. I had to dump out almost a whole bag of sugar because it was all staturated with Lysol. Oh well . . . I've noticed that a lot of things seem to happen when I am upstairs putting Avalon down for a nap or feeding her.


So, I accidentally hit our house with my car today. I was backing out and one of the pillars that surrounds our porch was closer than I thought. Sterling was there and as we were pulling out of the driveway afterwards, he informed me that Daddy is a good driver. How insulting . . . just because I hit stuff every once in a while. Daddy never has to drive with two whining kids in the back.


Aaron and Sterling discovered that I have a flat tire on my car tonight. Just so you know, it is not the tire I hit the house with. Anyway, Sterling marched in the house and walked very seriously up to me and said "You have a flat tire. You can't drive." He was very serious about it. Sometimes I think he is trying to take care of me.


He's a good kid. I'm going to miss the three year old, when he grows up.

2 comments:

Tallie, Aaron, Sterling, Avalon, Truman and Quin said...

Just for clarification, if I ask Sterling what kind of driver Mommy is, he says, "Mommy is a CRAZY driver! Daddy is a good driver." Some things are just obvious.

--Aaron

Angie said...

Ha!! So funny. I love how honest kids are.