Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Romance is Gone . . .

I knew the romance had died when on the second day of our honeymoon Aaron came down with the stomach flu really bad.


Last night may top the cake, though. We hired a babysitter and had decided to go out and have a nice Valentine's Day. Things are more complicated when you have kids, though.


We headed out to dinner about 5 p.m. and soon realized that there was a long wait at every restaurant. Before we had kids, this would not have been such a big deal, but we had to get home to put Avalon to bed so we could go out to a movie. While we were trying to decide what to do about dinner, we got a call from the babysitter and Avalon had thrown up. (I think it might have been the cheese we gave her. She had never had cheese before.) So, we headed home. We determined that neither of our children was sick and we got them calmed down.


We headed out again to the only restaurant we had called that said they had tables. We walked into the restaurant and realized why they might have had tables on Valentines. The restaurant had a dog theme. Pictures of dogs everywhere and they served you peanuts out of a dog dish. Romantic, huh? The food was good though and the service was fast.


We made it home in time to put Avalon to bed and head out to the movie. We actually saw a good movie. We went to "He's not that into you". I really enjoyed it. It was real. No fluff. Real situations and not all of them ended up happy. I recommend it except for the one F word and the almost sex scene.


Overall, it was as Romantic as our lives get and a good Valentine's Day.


This is a picture that the kids and I took for Aaron for Valentine's Day. We wanted him to have a picture to take to work. It took three days of picture taking to get this.
In other news, Sterling had a good Valentine's Day. He went to the gym with his dad and played in the Kids Club there. He also got to go to a Valentine's Day party on Friday. He is once again a little confused about Holidays though. He thinks the Easter Bunny brought his Valentine's gift and that the Easter Bunny is going to come and eat all of our eggs. I'm going to have to work on this a bit.

2 comments:

Battfam said...

I don't think the romance is really gone until you don't even try to do something for Valentine's day. You tried and you did pretty well even if you did eat peanuts out of a dog dish. The restaurant sounds like Pet's Mart meets Texas Roadhouse. Interesting concept.

Angie said...

Where in the world did you guys eat? I'm impressed you actually went out. We've still never hired a babysitter.