Funny title, huh? Not so funny if you've lived it.
It all started with the cat, dun, dun, dun . . . (make an ominous sound here).
To be precise, it all started with the cat we adopted last Sunday. Sterling has been so excited about the "kitty cat" that it is like he has had a huge shot of caffeine mixed with sugar that has lasted all week.
Sunday: Sterling was so excited for the kitty, that he grabbed an open container of garlic powder, ran into the toy room and threw it into the toy box. It was like watching Hiroshima. There was a huge mushroom cloud of garlic powder eminating from the toy box. For those of you who don't have children or who don't remember your children, throwing garlic powder in a toy box is a two year olds way of showing excitement, that or biting someone.
Monday: I went upstairs to put Avalon down for a nap. I came down and found cat food in the living room, toy room, on the stairs, in the kitchen and filling the litter box. Sterling had dumped an entire bag of cat food around the house. It took 45 minutes to get it all clean.
Tuesday: I know something happened, but I think I blocked it out.
Wednesday: Before we had even started the day, I had to pull the cat out of a bathtub full of water. The cat either fell, or was pushed in. Later in the day, I found that someone (Sterling) had poured cat food in the deep freeze. I couldn't get all of it out. I'm going to have to empty the freezer and clean it someday.
Thursday: Sterling talked me into baking a chocolate cake. He loves chocolate cake. While I was making the cake, I caught the cat licking the greased cake pan. Then while I was washing the cake pan, Sterling dropped a salt shaker on the floor and the bottom fell off of it. There was salt everywhere. While I was cleaning up the salt, I caught the cat licking the cake pan again.
Below are pictures of my chaos today. I had the front room spotless for my visiting teachers this morning. This is what it looked like by 2:30 in the afternoon and we were gone most of the morning. My plan was to tell Aaron that vandals broke into the house, baked a cake, made a pitcher of lemonade, trashed the house, took nothing and then locked the door behind themselves. I think he would have bought it.

4 comments:
Oh, dear Tallie! I'm laughing so hard I can barely type! If it's any consolation, my week has been just as bad, but not nearly as humorous! Things will calm down in about 20 years. It's good you have a sense of humor. Keep Sterling and kitty away from the microwave!
Yup. You should have stuck with the borrowed cat.
Wow, how frustrating! Yeah my 10 month old is becoming disasterous too. One thing after another....
Does the cat feel like another child?
Oh. My. Gosh. This post was so funny! I, like Incgr, am glad you have a sense of humor. Your kids are so dang spunky. Love them!
Post a Comment