Okay, so I don't think the missionaries are ever going to come to our house again. At least not until this pair has been transferred and the story of last night has stopped circulating through the mission.
So, I spent all day yesterday preparing for the missionaries coming to dinner. I shopped for food, prepared a salad and marinated chicken. I cleaned the house and then I tried to grill the chicken. I've never grilled before, but Aaron assured me that it was very easy. He told me to put the grill on High and to turn the chicken every five minutes (though, Aaron says that he told me to put it on Medium High). Well, after fifteen minutes of cooking the chicken was black. Very black, like charcoal briquettes in chicken breast shapes.
I didn't think it was burned that bad and so I put it on the table. The poor missionaries ate a piece and a half before I tasted the chicken. It was the most horrible chicken in the world. Not only was it burnt, but the marinade seemed to have turned into some sort of toxic chemical. I really think it was poisonous. Aaron tells me that it was by far the worst thing I have ever cooked. After all that work. . . I ended up making a plate of chicken nuggets.
After this, the Elders gave us a spiritual thought. During the spiritual thought, Sterling threw a one pound pumpkin at their heads. Luckily, the first one ducked as it sailed past his head towards his companion and his companion caught it.
Oh and did I forget to mention that the cat attacked their legs as they were trying to choke down the chicken.
I'm not sure what this means for our salvation, but hey, at least we tried, right?
2018 in Pictures
7 years ago

5 comments:
You really should be writing for a sit-com! They don't write stuff this good.
It's too bad you didn't have some of that cake you posted a picture of a few months ago for the missionaries too. That really would have been memorable. Just kidding, Tallie. I know you are a good cook. We all have our off days.
Haaaaaaaaaaaa now you guys are "those people"...the ones the missionaries will talk about forever. I bet they were stuffing that chicken in their pockets or feeding it to the cat. That's what I would have done. Hillarious!
Becca, there is NO WAY the cat was touching that chicken. There was no way to even identify it as chicken without an experienced CSI unit.
--Aaron
Ok that is a little embarressing!
Post a Comment