Friday, September 5, 2008

Is Nudity Hereditary?

So, do you think that the tendency to strip or run naked is hereditary? Aaron thinks it is. He blames Sterling's nudity issues on me.

Take tonight for instance, we went to the Bass Pro Shop to check it out. The shopping area near the Bass Store has a splash pad. For those of you who aren't familiar with the oddities of Arizona, a lot of the outdoor shopping areas in Arizona have splash pads. These are like fountains that have a rubbery flooring and are made for kids to run through. It is a weird thing, but pretty convenient on hot days.

Well, Sterling wanted to play in the splash pad at the shopping area tonight. First, he wanted his shoes off. We thought that was okay. Sterling wanted me to play with him. So, as I was rolling up my pants, I heard laughing. I looked down at Sterling and he had taken his pants off and was trying to get his shirt off. The next thing I know, he is trying to get his diaper off. This couple sitting on one of the benches was watching Sterling and laughing hysterically. I finally had to get Aaron to help me convince Sterling to put his shorts back on.

Once we overcame the nudity issue, Sterling had a blast. I'm just worried that he'll strip in nursery one week or try to run naked in preschool or kindergarten. Maybe I should just give in and sign him up for nudist preschool.

1 comment:

Battfam said...

I am just wondering why you are getting the blame for the nudity issues, Tallie. Is there a story or two that goes with that?