Okay so I was standing next to Avalon's crib waiting for her to go to sleep and I was wondering what I should write about and I didn't come up with much. For those of you who are wondering, yes, my child is not Ferberized. I hate to hear her cry, so I stand next to her bed and wait for her to sleep. What can I say, my children totally work me and they know it. Yes, this is also something I am working on.
Anyway, on to this very uninteresting blog. First off, I love, love, love the dollar store. I am so white trash, you wouldn't believe it. Okay, maybe you would believe it and I'm just in denial. I'm pretty proud of some of my dollar store finds. I found really cool shadow boxes to hold all of our dead scorpions that we are saving as trophies. I also found a pretty good belly dancing CD. Part of my house is even decorated from the dollar store. I just had to share this love with all of you. I keep telling Aaron that "Yes, I have a dollar store problem, but it could be worse, I could have a Nordstrom problem."
The only other thing interesting that has happened to us lately is a Pumpkin fiasco. I tell you, I am so not a good homemaker. Sterling has really been into pumpkins lately and so I thought I would do something fun for him and make a casserole in a pumpkin for dinner. Yeah, it so didn't work. After over 2 hours of cooking, the casserole never cooked. Apparently pumpkins are good insulators and don't transfer heat well. I finally gave up and put the casserole in a pan and cooked it on the stove top. Oh and I realized I really don't like cooked pumpkin or pumpkin seeds. But, if anyone has a recipe for a casserole in a pumpkin that actually works, please send it to me.
Well, that is the exciting and adventurous life of the Russell's. We had dinner with Halee and Mark's family today. Halee and Mark are renting a new house that is pretty nice, so we went over there today.
Here are some pictures from today.
Avalon and Paul making friends.
The older kids playing soccer.
Avalon trying on her Halloween costume.


4 comments:
It is nice to see your kids and Halee's kids together with their clothes on...you must be making progress with their nudity issues or it must be getting cooler down there in AZ.
Avalon makes a cute chicken.
But don't you notice that the dollar store turns into the "dollars" store. I always have a cart full of stuff.
Fun post. Just one thing, though. Was Avalon really trying on her Halloween costume or was Avalon's mom trying it on Avalon? Halloween is great fun. Enjoy it!
I'm right there with you. I go crazy if I find a bargain. If I have to pay like over $10 for something I usually have panic attacks.
Post a Comment