Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Another Day in Paradise

Today was a great day. This morning we went out and explored the tide pools. Sterling collected shells and looked at all of the little animals living in the pools. Avalon just wanted to wade.





Aaron and Sterling made a sand alligator.


After that, we went out shopping. We found lots of fun stuff and it is all pretty cheap. Plus, you can negotiate prices. My favorite is a purse I bought. The guy was assuring me that it was really Prada and was worth the $70 they wanted for it. I told him I would never pay more than $30 for a purse. It took a lot of negotiating. I kept walking out. I finally go the purse for $30 plus a $3 tip. It is a cute purse in a really unique style. My favorite part of the whole negotiation is when he showed me the purse in Gucci. Apparently, I could buy it in Prada or Gucci. Kind of blew his "it is real Prada" right out of the water. My least favorite part of the experience is when they admitted to me that they didn't pay $30 for it, but that I shouldn't tell anyone else what I paid for it because the other ladies int he store were going to pay $50 for it.

We also found a lot of fun musical instruments for the kids. I guess I am into the idea of teaching my kids about music right now. We found maracas, a little tamborine for Avalon, a wooden recorder and a little wooden guitar.

After shopping in the morning, Avalon took a nap and Sterling and Aaron went and played in the pool and on the beach.
We went to Old Port after Avalon's nap and did some more shopping and looking around. We got Avalon a necklace. She kept looking at necklaces and trying to keep a hold of them. We found one with little hearts made out of shells. We put it on her and she laughed and smiled the rest of the time. She is such a girl. It is strange how kids already come wired as girls or boys.



In the evening, we had a sunset picnic on the beach. It was beautiful.

No comments: