Do you ever just have really random days? Well, today was one of those days. It started out with Avalon breaking a snow globe on my laptop. So, if my blog is missing letters, I blame it on the fake snow and sparkles stuck under the keys.
Then, while we were cleaning up the snow globe incident, I saw what I thought was a very large rat in the pantry. Turns out, it was just a gecko, but as far as I know it is still living in my pantry. I am trying to figure out how to avoid going in there and still cook Sunday dinner.
Finally, the day ended with an attempt at baking a pie. First, I ran out of shortening and so the pie is half Crisco and half margarine. Hopefully, it will work. Then as I was rolling the pie out, I started noticing weird stuff in the dough. Well, it turns out that a month or so ago, Sterling poured an entire bag of flour on the floor and Aaron tried to salvage some of it and he put it back in the bag along with grass and some other weird stuff. Luckily, it cooked on a really high temperature and I figure it is all sanitary now. Cross my fingers.
In other random thoughts, did anyone see 30 Rock on Monday? Well, there was this character on the show who was really good looking and supposedly he lived in a bubble where he got whatever he wanted because of his looks. We've started to notice that Avalon is living that kind of life. If she gets upset while we are at Walmart, someone in the bakery will give her a cookie. If she gets sad at Home Depot, they give her a balloon. We go to a restaurant and everyone stops and talks to her. We are kind of worried that she is going to become a doctor who doesn't know the Heimlich.
Well, that is the end of my random thoughts for today.
2018 in Pictures
7 years ago

1 comment:
I LOVE 30 Rock.
Yeah, hopefully Avalon won't grow up living in the bubble. I think the key to getting out of the bubble is having a bunch of brothers to beat you down every once in awhile.
Thanks for the laughs about your cooking distasters.
Post a Comment