Friday, March 27, 2009

Torturing the Easter Bunny, Blizzards and Goldfish

Have you ever played the game tribond? Well, any idea what these three words/phrases have in common: Torturing the Easter Bunny, Blizzards and Goldfish. Yep, all three words have to do with our week.


First off an update on Avalon, she is starting to walk. Aaron told her to get up and walk the other day and she stood up and walked about 12 feet. She is still toothless. Who would have thought that she would walk before getting teeth?


Goldfish: Well, Sterling gathered a lot of very nice seashells when we were in Mexico. I have been looking for a good place to display them and finally I came up with this idea. Granted, it is not one of my better idea, but I bought Sterling three goldfish and a goldfish bowl thing so that we could put his shells in the bottom. He named the fish Gary, Fred and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I don't know where the idea for Fred came from. I think I suggested Fred. Gary is the snail on Spongebob and who doesn't love Rudolph. Well, Gary and Fred are now deceased. They lasted less than 24 hours. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer seems to be doing quite well, though.


Torturing the Easter Bunny: Every Thursday we meet Halee and her kids at the mall for Kids Club. Kids club is a free program that the mall puts on for kids. They get a toy, a cookie and there is an hour long singing and dancing program. Then afterwords they get a free ride on the carousel. Well, this Thursday we decided to take the kids to get their picture with the Easter Bunny. To say the least, getting four kids to cooperate for a picture with a giant bunny isn't easy. Halee's baby Paul loved the Easter Bunny. He cuddled right up to him and almost fell asleep. Avalon did not like the Easter Bunny. Sterling was exhausted and Madelynn was having a hard time focusing.



Blizzards: Aaron's sister Andrea and her family were supposed to come over for the weekend, but they were snowed into Albuquerque, NM by a blizzard. Crazy, huh?


So, I think Sterling may be stock piling to run away. I went to his clubhouse today and there was Aaron's massager, a bottle of Pinesol, Avalon's drum and a lot of other random things. I now know where everything I am looking for has gone.

No comments: