Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Avalon is 1!

My baby is 1. Crazy, huh? It seems like just yesterday, I was giving birth to her.
Anyway, it wasn't much of a birthday. Yesterday, I took the kids to the doctor and found out that Sterling has bronchitis and Avalon has an upper respiratory infection, a lower respiratory infection and an ear infection. To say the least, the kids are really sick. Aaron picked up their medicine yesterday and came home with two large bags. Avalon is on oral steroids, antibiotic and breathing treatments. Sterling is on an antibiotic and breathing treatments.
The day started out with Avalon throwing up twice while I was trying to give her her antibiotic. Great birthday, huh?

Earlier in the day, Sterling was modeling his "cowboy" hat. He has really gotten into pretending to be a cowboy. We found the hat for $4 at Goodwill yesterday. He wore it to the doctor's and Walmart today.

He was also trying to rope the cat. For those of you who actually know what roping entails, don't worry, I didn't give him a slip knot. Instead he just hits the cat with the end of the rope and the cat thinks it is a fun game and chases the rope.

Avalon also played outside for a while.


I really wanted to try and make Avalon's birthday nice. Sterling and I blew up a bunch of balloons and hung up some decorations.



It got better by the time Aaron got home. Avalon was feeling much better after her second nap and was in a good mood for dinner, presents and cake.



We were having a hard time keeping Sterling from opening Avalon's presents and eating the cake.







4 comments:

Battfam said...

I can't believe she is one either. Even though she was sick, it looks like she enjoyed her birthday...especially the cake.

The Streiffs said...

Happy Birthday Avalon!! I wouldn't worry about the teeth. Neither one of mine got teeth til they were one. They eventually got all of them, so I'm going to assume that they are okay.

Curtis and Crystal said...

I'm sorry to here about the kids being sick. My kids have been way sick too. I hope Avalon hada a great birthday!!!

Angie said...

LOVE the last picture. Very cute.