Friday, March 20, 2009

Mexico, a land with no liability worries

On Wednesday, we went to the CET MAR Aquarium outside of Rocky Point. It was the most unique aquarium I have ever been to. Apparently there is no PETA in Mexico and people are not concerned with liability issues. There were a bunch of big open tanks that looked a lot like water storage units without tops. These had a random variety of fish in them. There were no rules about putting your hands in the tanks or anything. They also had a smallish pool that had sea turtles in it. There was even a pool with a sea lion in it. You could buy food to feed the sea turtles and the sea lion. The animals got up close and personal when you fed them. It was kind of freaky when the sea lion popped its head through a hole in the fence. He was so close to us that we could see his teeth or be bitten by them. I had never seen a sea turtle or a sea lion that close.


These pictures were taken on my phone because I forgot the camera. So, they aren't very good and we didn't have a zoom. They show exactly how close we could get to the animals. We didn't get too close to the turtles because I had seen a post on line where a woman had been bitten by one.






Later in the day, we took the kids swimming.






We also saw this funny sign all over Mexico. We aren't sure what it means. No cars, motorcycles or American license plates are allowed in these stretches on the road, I guess???? If anyone, has any better interpretations, please let me know.






Oh and for everyone who was betting that we were going to die at the hands of a drug cartel in Mexico, you lose. We made it back safe today and had a great vacation.

No comments: